Thank you to everyone who joined me at the recent community meeting to discuss the ClubLink applications and what to expect next. It was an honour to have Mayor Jim Watson joining us and share his support for this fight. I know how difficult and frustrating this situation is, and I will continue to fight and work with you all to oppose this development.
If you missed the October 28th meeting, you can watch a recording of the Facebook Live stream on my Facebook page.
The full court application and supporting affidavits can be viewed here.
We covered a lot of questions at my October 28th meeting. An FAQ document is available here, but please do not hesitate to reach out should any of your questions remain unanswered.
What are the next steps?
- You can expect the City to continue to provide updates through this website: Ottawa.ca/KanataLakes.
- I will continue to provide updates with our community as I have them on my website www.kanatanorth.ca.
- There are two statutory public meetings, on November 25th and January 20th from 5 to 9pm, both at the John Mlacak Centre located at 2500 Campeau Drive.
- The judge will be setting a court hearing date. Details on the legal proceedings can be found in my blog update from October 25th and I will notify the community as soon as we know when the court date will occur. I hope you’ll consider joining us at the courthouse.
What can I do to help?
- Send your planning comments regarding the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend and invite all your neighbours to the statutory planning meetings on November 25th and January 20th
I will continue to share updates as I have them. I am hoping to hear soon when a court date will be set. Don’t hesitate to reach out any time. I will do my best to get back to everyone as quickly as I can: Jenna.Sudds@ottawa.ca.