Businesses have had to face many unique and difficult challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now more important than ever to continue to support businesses that are COVID Wise.
The City has launched a new COVID Wise Together campaign to support businesses to implement health and safety measures and promote their efforts to prevent transmission of COVID–19 in our local businesses.
How can businesses get involved?
Businesses interested in participating should implement the following COVID Wise measures:
- Post signage to remind everyone about physical distancing and the mandatory mask policy.
- Follow the mandatory mask bylaw.
- Ensure employees wear a mask whenever they cannot maintain 2 metre distance (including in break rooms and non-public spaces).
- Encourage customers to wear a mask in outdoor settings if they cannot maintain 2 metre distance.
- Screen all employees for symptoms of COVID-19 before each shift and ensuring they stay home if they have symptoms or feel unwell.
- Change processes and/or using visible markers to ensure 2 metre physical distancing.
- Remind employees and customers to maintain physical distance of 2 metres (six feet) at all times, and as much as possible.
- Provide hand sanitizer or hand washing stations for customers and employees.
- Ensuring employees are informed/trained on the importance of all these measures.
COVID Wise Together campaign products are available for businesses and associations. While this is not a certificate from OPH, businesses displaying the COVID Wise Together signage are showing that they are making an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19.