Sharing details from today’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Technical Briefing about the City of Ottawa’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan.
The plan is based on the provincial framework.
Provincial phases/population groups:
- Phase 1, in progress (started December 15, 2020): Limited doses of the vaccine available to:
- Residents, staff, essential caregivers of congregate living settings that provide care for seniors
- Health care workers
- Adults in First Nations, Metis and Inuit populations
- Adult chronic home care recipients
- Phase 2, March to July, 2021 (pending supply): Increasing stock of vaccines, available to:
- Older adults beginning with those > 80 years old
- High risk congregate settings (i.e., shelters)
- Essential workers –beginning with front-line essential workers
- People with high-risk chronic health conditions and their caregivers
- Other high-risk populations
- Phase 3: August 2021 onward (pending supply): Vaccines available widely across Ontario for anyone who wants to be immunized
Key takeaways are:
- The goal is to provide a COVID-19 vaccine to all eligible Ottawa residents who want one.
- The Ottawa vaccination plan targets to administer 10,800 doses per day.
- Vaccination rollout plan is based on key takeaways from 2020/2021 Ottawa Public Health community flu clinics.
The detailed presentation slides from today’s briefing can be found here: Vaccine Distribution Plan ENGLISH Jan 25