Good afternoon Kanata North,
I’m very pleased to share that the Kanata North Mosquito Nuisance Program has started up again for this season.
As I did in previous years, I will share regular updates and data from GDG, the organization performing the treatments again this year. These findings will help determine the program’s effectiveness to date and which areas in our community need more treatment in future weeks.
Each week you will find updates detailing sweep tests and treatment that occurred the week prior. Sweep tests are performed at the beginning of each week to confirm the number of mosquitoes caught in specific areas in our community. There are 6 locations throughout Kanata North that GDG visits along with a volunteer who acts as a witness to the tests.
The trapping locations are picked based on feedback from residents. The objective of trapping is to get a sample of the species in a particular area. Different species of mosquitoes exist in different habitats and have different life cycles. Knowing the species composition in an area helps us direct future treatments and investigations to the right spots.
Please contact GDG directly at email@example.com or by calling 1-877-227-0552 should you have feedback or concerns regarding a specific location in our community.
Weekly report from April 11th to April 17th, 2021
- There was an accumulation of approximately 0 mm of water on April 11th to April 17th. There was presence of larvae found in the field.
- Spring larvae are present in sufficient quantities for treatment in nearly all sites.
- Both ground and aerial treatments were performed.
- Ground started on April 16th, and is ongoing.
- Ariel occurred between April 17th and April 19th.
- There was no post-treatment done.
- Sweep tests will begin one week after treatment has completed.
- Trapping will begin at the same time as the sweep tests. There are a total of 6 traps.
- 362 Laughlin Circle
- South March Highlands Trail Network
- Marshes Village, 39 Turtle Point Private
- 228 Saddleback Cres, Arcadia
- Beaver Pond Park
- Jim Malone Park
- Both ground and ariel treatments will continue this week (April 18th to April 24th):
- Ground will continue until April 22nd
- Ariel will be ongoing throughout the week
If you have any further questions about the Kanata North Mosquito Nuisance Program, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.