Good afternoon Kanata North,
I’m pleased to share that despite the unpredictable weather we’ve been having this spring, mosquito treatment is underway and going well. The details below are from the week of May 9 to May 15th, 2021.
Sweep tests and trapping reports are in. Check out the reports below.
Sweeping tests are performed at the beginning of each week to confirm the number of mosquitoes caught in specific areas in our community. There are 6 locations throughout Kanata North that GDG visits along with a volunteer who acts as a witness to the tests.
The trapping locations are picked based on feedback from residents. The objective of trapping is to get a sample of the species in a particular area. Different species of mosquitoes exist in different habitats and have different life cycles. Knowing the species composition in an area helps GDG direct future treatments and investigations to the right spots.
Please contact GDG directly at email@example.com or by calling 1-877-227-0552 should you have feedback or concerns regarding a specific location in our community.
Weekly report from May 9th to May 15th, 2021
- There was an accumulation of approximately 2 to 5 mm of water on May 10th and 11th. There was presence of larvae found in the field.
- There were larvae remaining in some sites where the second treatment was not yet completed.
- Aerial treatment by drone started May 13th and is ongoing.
- Ground treatment started May 14th and is ongoing.
- Post-treatment was done showing 100% larval mortality.
- Sweep tests were done, and the results are as follows:
|Address||Time||Mosquito||Black flies||Other species|
|50 Flamborough Way||18:02||0||4||15|
|124 Marsh Sparrow Pvt||18:40||1||0||40|
|204 Salter Cres.||19:07||0||1||10|
|184 Keyrock Dr.||19:29||0||0||15|
|130 Walden Dr.||19:53||0||0||10|
|35 Arkose St.||20:14||0||0||6|
|194 Calvington Ave.||20:36||0||0||15|
- Trapping started this week as well. There are a total of 6 traps.
- 362 Laughlin Circle
- South March Highlands Trail Network
- Marshes Village, 39 Turtle Point Private
- 228 Saddleback Cres, Arcadia
- Beaver Pond Park
- Jim Malone Park
- Treatments will continue this week (May 16th to May 22nd):
- The second treatment continued this week by drone and ground.
If you have any further questions about the Kanata North Mosquito Nuisance Program, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.