Good afternoon Kanata North,
Today, we reached another milestone in our fight against COVID-19: As of 8 am this morning, Ottawa residents ages 18 and older who have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can book an accelerated second dose appointment.
Please note, if your first dose was an mRNA vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer), your second dose appointment must be at least 28 days after. Those who have received AstraZeneca as a first dose can book their second dose appointment at least eight weeks after their first.
According to Ottawa Public Health’s Daily COVID-19 Dashboard, today there are 11 new cases reported in Ottawa, with 99 active cases, 7 currently in hospital, and 1 person in the ICU. Many of our COVID-19 monitoring indicators continue to show a positive trend. However, we are also seeing testing numbers go down and the COVID-19 wastewater viral signal has been fluctuating. Further, the level of transmission in the community now is much higher than what it was last summer, and we are now contending with the more transmissible COVID variants, compared with the original virus last year.
Let’s please all stay the course and exercise our best judgement. Stay home and get tested if you are not well, be COVIDWise, and get vaccinated as soon as you can.
Understanding the Roadmap to Reopen: What to expect during Step 2
This Wednesday, June 30 at 12:01 am, Ontario will be moving to Step 2 of its Roadmap to Reopen. Here are some of the changes you can expect under Step 2:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 5 people—face covering mandatory
- Outdoor dining for up to 6 people per table
- Essential and other select retail permitted at 50% capacity
- Non-essential retail capacity at 25%
- Stores in shopping malls open, with restrictions
- Larger indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services at 25% capacity
- Outdoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres
- Overnight camps
- Personal care services where face coverings can be worn at all times at 25% capacity
- Outdoor fitness classes are capped at the number of people who can maintain 3 metres of distance
- Public libraries permitted at 25% capacity
- Outdoor meeting and event spaces at 25% capacity
- Outdoor amusement and water parks at 25% capacity
- Outdoor sports games, leagues and events at 25% capacity
- Outdoor cinemas, performing arts, live music events and attractions at 25% capacity
- Outdoor horse racing and motor speedways at 25% capacity
Increased 2nd dose eligibility (18+)
To date, 995,981 doses have been administered in Ottawa. Starting today, all residents ages 18+ are eligible to book a second dose. To book a vaccine, please visit the provincial booking portal or call 1-833-943-3900.
New same day booking tool
Residents can now sign up daily for a vaccine wait list, for first or second dose appointments. This new tool will place residents on a waitlist for same day appointments. If selected, you will be contacted with a significantly expedited appointment at one of Ottawa’s 11 vaccination clinics. Please note, this list resets daily at 11:59 pm. If you still require a vaccine, please register your information each day after this time.
How to book a vaccine at a pharmacy (12+)
While supplies are limited, many pharmacies across the city are vaccinating residents. Additional information as well as participating locations can be found on the Province of Ontario website.
What to do if you were vaccinated out of Province
Residents are now able to notify Ottawa Public Health regarding an out-of-of province vaccination through the online COVID-19 Out of Province Dose Documentation form. Residents are asked to provide dose information and to upload the documentation they received at the time of vaccination.
Thank you for your continued resilience, Kanata North. Please try and stay cool and have a safe and happy Canada Day!