Starting Sunday, April 24, OC Transpo will leap into spring by implementing service adjustments for Stage 2 O-Train construction, service improvements to new areas and schedule changes. The Rack & Roll program will also be reinstated in full this spring with bike racks available on all buses. Customers are encouraged to visit octranspo.com and use the Travel Planner or call 613-560-5000 to see if their regular trips are affected by upcoming changes and construction this spring.
Stage 2 O-Train construction
- The Transitway will permanently close between Pinecrest and Bayshore Stations for construction of the Stage 2 O-Train extension to Moodie Station. Bayshore and Pinecrest Stations will remain open with adjustments to some stops and platforms.
- Westbound, all bus routes will be detoured to travel along Highway 417 from Pinecrest Road to Bayshore Drive. Routes that currently serve Pinecrest and Bayshore Stations will continue to serve those stations.
- When the Highway 417 westbound off-ramp at Pinecrest re-opens on May 8, westbound Routes 63, 64, 66, 67, 406, 454 and westbound Connexion routes will serve Pinecrest Station.
- Eastbound, routes will be detoured to follow one of two patterns:
- Routes 61, 62, 303, and 660 will maintain direct connections to Bayshore and Pinecrest Stations, travelling on Highway 417 between Holly Acres Road and Greenbank Road.
- Routes 63, 64, 66, 67 and eastbound Connexion routes will bypass Pinecrest and Bayshore Stations and instead serve bus stops on Holly Acres Road and the eastbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Greenbank Road respectively.
- At Bayshore Station, the Transitway platforms and pedestrian overpass to the mall will be closed for construction. Access to the mall will be made at street level through the parking garage next to the station. Signage will be posted to help direct customers.
- To accommodate ongoing Stage 2 construction, Blair Station Bus Stop E will permanently close, and routes will be reassigned to serve nearby Stop D.
Stittsville service improvements
Route 167 will be renumbered as Route 67 and adjusted to provide improved service from new areas in Stittsville, with peak period service to and from Tunney’s Pasture Station. During the off-peak period, Route 67 will operate between Stittsville and Terry Fox Station. Route 252 will be shortened slightly in Stittsville, as Route 67 will provide Abbottsville Crossing and Blackstone residents with a connection to O-Train Line 1 at Tunney’s Pasture Station.
Riverside South and River Road service improvements
Routes 198 and 299 will be adjusted to serve customers in the new area south of Earl Armstrong and along River Road. Route 198 will have two new trips northbound in the morning and two new trips southbound in the afternoon which will start and end on Borbridge Avenue. Route 299 will be adjusted to travel along Borbridge and Brian Good Avenues.
- Schedule adjustments will be made on many routes to match seasonal ridership, improve reliability, or better meet the travel needs of customers. Customers should check octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000 for route schedules.
- Some school trips will be adjusted to better align with current school travel needs. Details will be communicated directly to the school authorities and will also be made available on octranspo.com.
- Night Route N39 will be adjusted to serve Hurdman Station, improving connections with other late night and overnight routes.
- Routes 10 and 16: Customers should expect increased travel times due to reconstruction work on Albert Street, Queen Street, Slater Street and Bronson Avenue.
- Routes 15, 20, 615 and 616: Service will once again be detoured due to ongoing construction related to the Montréal Road Revitalization project. Detours will be slightly modified compared to the detours last year.
Visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000 for more information about OC Transpo spring service and schedules.