Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, May 19. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- The Canadian Tulip Festival continues this weekend, wrapping up on Monday, May 23. Check out hundreds of thousands of tulips blooming at Commissioners Park and all the fun festival programming in the area, along with different ways to experience beautiful tulips in Ottawa. Don’t miss the fireworks display on Sunday, May 22. Some events are FREE!
- Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee this Victoria Day weekend on Sparks Street with a street party this Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22. FREE!
- Check out the Victoria Day fireworks on Monday, May 23 at the Rideau Carleton Casino, along with gaming fun, dining, and more!
- This weekend at Lansdowne, enjoy a Brett Kissel concert and a Mexico in The Glebe event on Friday, May 20 – then watch the Ottawa BlackJacks basketball team kick off their season on Wednesday, May 25!
- Learn about Korean culture during Korean Cultural Week this Saturday, May 21 to Thursday, June 2 with special events across Ottawa, including music, movies and food at Lansdowne on Saturday, May 21; then workshops, contests and more throughout the week!
- The Canadian Children’s Museum has reopened! Little ones will love the kids’ area where they learn about the world through play at this special museum located within the Canadian Museum of History. Advance tickets required.
- See Ottawa by water as Paul’s Boat Line’s guided tours kick off this weekend with guided boat tours along the Ottawa River.
- Planet Ice: Mysteries of the Ice Ages reopens at the Canadian Museum of Nature this Friday, May 20. Learn about this important time in world history and how animals adapted.
- Calling all kids! The Ottawa Children’s Festival is on Thursday, May 19 through May 29 with French and English theatre, activities, and more at LeBreton Flats.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism