Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, June 2. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- Doors Open Ottawa is on this Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5. Explore properties around the city with special access to learn about Ottawa’s culture, history and architecture! As part of Doors Open, check out outdoor tours of the Rideau Canal locks outside the Bytown Museum. Some buildings require pre-registration, but all are FREE!
- Enjoy delicious BBQ ribs at Ottawa Ribfest on Sparks Street, on now through Sunday, June 5 with tons of ribbers and entertainment. Admission is FREE!
- Choose your next local restaurant adventure with the help of Ottawa Tourism’s Great patios by Ottawa neighbourhood guide. Enjoy great food and a fun atmosphere!
- Watch as Foot Guards in full ceremonial dress parade near Ottawa City Hall to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Governor General’s Foot Guards at the Governor General’s Foot Guards’ Freedom of the City of Ottawa Parade on Saturday, June 4. FREE!
- This weekend marks Dickinson Days in Manotick with parades, sidewalk sales, fireworks, a community BBQ, horse-drawn wagon rides, and more, Friday, June 3 through to Sunday, June 5. FREE!
- The Parkdale Public Market hosts a Vegans Who Snack Food Festival on Friday, June 3 to celebrate vegan small businesses.
- This weekend at Lansdowne, the Ottawa BlackJacks basketball team plays on Thursday, June 2; City of Om celebrates all things yoga, health, and fitness on Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4; Atlético Ottawa soccer team plays on Sunday, June 5; while the FIVB Men’s Volleyball Nations League kicks off on Tuesday, June 7!
- Saunders Farm opens for the summer season for weekends in June. Enjoy family-friendly fun with Maze Days, a splash pad, wagon rides, food, and more.
- The Feherty Classic golf tournament takes place this Monday, June 6 at the Royal Ottawa Golf Club. The day consists of a 9-hole celebrity golf game followed by a stage show and special guests.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism