Hydro One will be performing maintenance work in the high-voltage transmission corridor running adjacent to Steacie Drive. As part of this maintenance work, crews will be replacing insulators that have reached their end-of-life in the hydro corridor. This important work will ensure a safe and reliable supply of power to homes and businesses in the City of Ottawa, and to ensure the hydro corridor is safe for public use. Power supply for residents and businesses will not be affected by this work.
All adjacent properties to this corridor will receive this notice: Ottawa Insulator Replacement
What to expect
- Insulators will be replaced on the towers in the high-voltage transmission corridor as they’ve reached end-of-life.
- Trees and other vegetation will require trimming or removal to provide safe access for crews and equipment.
- Large support vehicles, such as bucket trucks, will be used to replace the insulators.
- Hydro One crews will use hand tools, such as chainsaws and pruners, to trim and remove the necessary vegetation around tower bases and to provide safe access to crews and equipment.
- If necessary, mechanical equipment will be used to remove dense sections of vegetation around tower bases and to provide safe access to crews and equipment.
- As work is being completed, residents may notice an increase in noise.
- Temporary closures of certain sections of walking trails may be required to ensure the safety of the public and crews. Hydro One staff will re-direct community members around the closures.