As determined by the Province of Ontario, masks will no longer be mandatory on public transit starting Saturday, June 11.
While wearing a mask will no longer be required by law, Ottawa Public Health still strongly recommends people wear masks on OC Transpo buses and trains, in stations and shelters, and on Para Transpo minibuses and taxis. For more information on layers of protection against COVID-19, visit Ottawa Public Health’s Reducing the risks from COVID-19 webpage
OC Transpo continues to prioritize the health and safety of its customers and employees. Enhanced health and safety practices that were introduced during the COVID-19 pandemic will continue. These include:
- Enhanced sanitizing and cleaning of all vehicles and stations daily
- Protective shields at the front of buses
- Hand sanitizer dispensers at O-Train stations and most Transitway stations
- Touch-free and online fare payment options
- Virtual Line at the OC Transpo Customer Service Centre in the Rideau Centre that lets customers reserve a spot without waiting in line