Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, June 9. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- June marks National Indigenous History Month – check out Ottawa Tourism’s website for ways to discover Indigenous culture in Ottawa.
- June is also Pride month, see ways to celebrate LGBTQ2S+ in Canada’s capital!
- The Summer Indigenous Art Market takes place this Sunday, June 12 at the National Arts Centre with Indigenous artists and artisans including beadwork, painting, coffee, jewellery, crafts, and much more. Also at the National Arts Centre, take part in a Powwow Workout Class on Thursday, June 9; and watch the National Arts Centre Orchestra Live: Rite of Spring on Thursday, June 9 and Friday, June 10. Some events are FREE!
- This weekend at Lansdowne, shop for one-of-a-kind finds at 613flea on Saturday June 11; buy local produce and handmade items at the Ottawa Farmers’ Market on Sunday, June 12; watch the Ottawa Atlético soccer team play this Tuesday, June 14 at TD Place; and practice Full Moon Yoga on the Great Lawn on Tuesday, June 14. Some events are FREE!
- Craft beer lovers unite for local brews, food, live entertainment, and more at the 2022 Orléans Craft Beer Festival this Thursday, June 9 to Saturday, June 11 in Orléans.
- A retrospective exhibition of the Canadian art group General Idea is now open at the National Gallery of Canada. Check out the exhibition, General Idea, now through to November 2022 and stop by the new Tavern at the Gallery!
- Celebrate Italian culture Thursday, June 9 through to Sunday, June 19 with classes, contests, and more at Italian Week Ottawa on and around Preston Street! Many events are FREE!
- Ottawa Garden Days kick off this Saturday, June 11 at Dundonald Park with local garden groups and educators on hand with advice and activities, then continue until Sunday, June 19 as part of the Year of the Garden in Canada. FREE!
- Arts Court hosts an Open House Party this Saturday, June 11! This 12-hour extravaganza is building-wide and includes performances, workshops, art, and more to celebrate the uniqueness of Arts Court in downtown Ottawa. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism