Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, June 16. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- The Bank Street BIA presents The Best of Times this Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19 on Bank Street between Gladstone and Waverley (street closures in effect). The street festival celebrates the decades from the ’50s to the ’90s with buskers, a rollerskating rink, games, food, and much more!
- Celebrate the Summer Solstice on Sunday, June 19 and Tuesday, June 21 at the Summer Solstice Block Party in the ByWard Market, presented by the Assembly of Seven Generations, Indigenous Experiences, and Ottawa Markets. FREE!
- This Tuesday, June 21 at Mādahòkì Farm, the Summer Solstice Indigenous Festival celebrates National Indigenous Peoples Day with activities, celebrations, food, workshops, and much more. Registration required, admission is FREE!
- Check out Ottawa Tourism’s list of five ways to celebrate dads in Ottawa this Father’s Day – or any day!
- This weekend at Lansdowne, the Ottawa BlackJacks basketball team play on Thursday, June 16 and Tuesday, June 21; the Ottawa REDBLACKS football team kick off their season on Friday, June 17; you can shop for one-of-a-kind finds at the Ottawa Signatures Handmade Market from Friday, June 17 to Sunday, June 19; and you can grab your fresh veggies and more at the Ottawa Farmers’ Market on Sunday, June 19. Some events are FREE!
- Italian Week Ottawa wraps up this weekend with programming continuing to Sunday, June 19 in Little Italy (Preston Street) and virtually, as well as the FCA Ottawa Ferrari Festival in Little Italy from Friday, June 17 to Sunday, June 19. Some events are FREE!
- The Ottawa Fringe Festival celebrates theatre and expression with plays on from Thursday, June 16 until June 26 at venues in and around Arts Court in downtown Ottawa.
- Immerse yourselves in the artwork of the iconic Impressionist artist at Imagine Monet: The Immersive Exhibition, starting this Thursday, June 16 and continuing through to August.
- The Ottawa Indian Film Festival takes place now through to Saturday, June 18 virtually! Log on to experience contemporary, independent Indian film.
- Experience the ByWard Night Market, each Thursday from 5:00 to 9:00pm until
September 1 in the ByWard Market neighbourhood, with local food and wares. FREE!
- Check out Canadian comic Gerry Dee as he brings laughs to the Théatre du Casino this Friday, June 17 and Saturday, June 18 at the Casino du Lac-Leamy Laugh Ottawa event!
- NCC Weekend Bikedays, presented by NOKIA, continue into the fall with select roads open for active users in Ottawa and Gatineau on weekends. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism