Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, June 30. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- Celebrate Canada Day on Friday, July 1 throughout downtown Ottawa! This year, due to construction for the rehabilitation of Centre Block, official festivities, including a fireworks show, will be held at LeBreton Flats Park in Ottawa and Place des festivals Zibi in Gatineau. Enjoy activities, live performances, and much more throughout the day, and note that visitors can still visit the iconic Parliament Hill to take photos. FREE!
- The National Arts Centre presents a special edition of the Big Bang Festival this Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, July 3. Enjoy concerts, musical surprises, and much more for all ages. Many activities are FREE!
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival wraps up this Sunday, July 3 with performances in Confederation Park, Marion Dewar Plaza at Ottawa City Hall, and nearby.
- From Friday, July 1 to Sunday, July 3 watch the famous RCMP Musical Ride Sunset Ceremonies at the Musical Ride Centre just east of downtown. Admission is FREE!
- Cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS football team this Thursday, June 30 as they take on the BC Lions at TD Place.
- On Saturday, July 2 enjoy the Aberdeen Heritage Festival, a community festival at Lansdowne Park with performances, a petting zoo, Ottawa Senators fan experience area, food, and much more.
- Don’t miss the Ottawa BlackJacks basketball team as they play this Wednesday, July 6 at the Arena at TD Place at Lansdowne!
- The Almonte Celtfest celebrates Celtic culture and music this Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, July 3 in Almonte. FREE!
- Enjoy the sweet sounds of the National Arts Centre Orchestra as they play aboard a showboat, cruising the length of the Rideau Canal on Saturday, July 2 for a special NACO on the Canal FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!