Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, July 7. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- The iconic Northern Lights ― Sound and light show on Parliament Hill begins for the summer this Thursday, July 7. The show is projected onto Centre Block Thursdays through Mondays (no shows on Tuesdays or Wednesdays) at 10:00pm in July. FREE!
- Head over to Lansdowne for a weekend full of events, including the Ottawa BlackJacks basketball game on Friday, July 8; an Ottawa Atlético soccer game and 613flea on Saturday, July 9; the Ottawa Farmers’ Market and Rugby Canada vs Spanish Rugby Union on Sunday, July 10; and Full Moon Yoga on Wednesday, July 13.
- RBC Ottawa Bluesfest kicks off this Thursday, July 7 with weekend headliners Alanis Morissette, Luke Combs, Jack Johnson, Sarah McLachlan, and many more at LeBreton Flats, continuing to Sunday, July 17.
- Enjoy the intersection of classical music and other art forms at the Music and Beyond festival, taking place at various locations across Ottawa, on now through Sunday, July 17.
- Get ready to laugh with tons of great comedy performances at the Festival d’humour de Gatineau this Thursday, July 7 to Saturday, July 9.
- Shop for fresh produce… at night! Night markets are all over Ottawa, including the Parkdale Night Market on Wednesdays, the ByWard Night Market on Thursdays, and the Metcalfe Night Market on Wednesday, July 13. FREE!
- Imagine Monet: The Immersive Exhibition at the EY Centre continues daily in the summer. Get your tickets now for the incredible experience of light, sound, and art!
- Cheer on the Ottawa Titans baseball team as they play a stretch of home games nightly until Sunday, July 10 at the Ottawa Baseball Stadium.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism