Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, August 4. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- Les Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy continues Wednesdays and Saturdays until August 20 with incredible fireworks displays over downtown Ottawa and Gatineau, and great seats at the Canadian Museum of History. This year marks the 25th anniversary edition of the event!
- Enjoy the fireworks aboard the Ottawa River Queen boat for the special Firework Dinner Cruise on the Ottawa River with Ottawa Boat Cruise.
- The Sound and Light Show on Parliament Hill – Northern Lights moves to a new time in August! Check out the incredible light projection show Thursdays through Mondays at 9:30pm. FREE!
- This weekend at Lansdowne, cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS football team as they play a special Legacy Night game against the Calgary Stampeders on Friday, August 5; and the Atlético Ottawa soccer team as they play FC Edmonton on Sunday, August 7.
- Enjoy classic fair fun this Thursday, August 4 to Sunday, August 7 at the Navan Fair with concerts, animals, a demolition derby, midway, and more!
- Check out the new exhibition How I Love You, centered on themes of self, community and intergenerational love at the Ottawa Art Gallery, on now through to September. FREE!
- Get your country music fix at the Festival Country Gatineau this Thursday, August 4 to Sunday, August 7 at the Robert Guertin Arena.
- The Vegans Who Snack Food Festival returns with tons of delicious, vegan snacks this Friday, August 5 at the Parkdale Market.
- Enjoy hits from Broadway and the London stage at the Classic Theatre Festival from Friday, August 5 until the end of the month at Arts Court Theatre with performances of The Fourposter.
- The Ottawa Greek Fest kicks off this Friday, August 5 with food, dancing, and much more through to August 15 at the Hellenic Event Centre in Nepean. FREE!
- There are tons of ways to explore Ottawa by water – check out Ottawa Tourism’s guide to paddling paradise – flatwater fun in Ottawa.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!