Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, August 18. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
- From Sunday, August 21 to Sunday, August 28, join Capital Pride and participate in the many celebrations of Ottawa’s 2SLGBTQ+ community in parks, streets, clubs and other sites across the city.
- Head over to Lansdowne to cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS as they play against the Edmonton Elks on Pride Night at the End of Summer Bash game on Friday, August 19.
- Catch an Ottawa Titans baseball game on Tuesday, August 23 for the special Pride Night game and on Wednesday, August 24 for a Pluto Demotion Night
- Share your love of coffee at the Ottawa Coffee Fest at Dominion City Brewing Co. on Saturday, August 20.
- Celebrate pride and equal love for all at the special Pride Night Market at the Parkdale Market on Saturday, August 20 and support predominantly 2SLGBTQ+ community owned businesses.
- Grab your friends and dance your way to the Afrobeat Music Festival on Saturday, August 20 at the Ottawa Stadium.
- Watch the first Biennial World Championships of gay and inclusive rugby hosted in Canada, the Bingham Cup, on now to Sunday, August 21 at various locations.
- Join the Salvadoran Festival of La Pupusa to celebrate the independence of El Salvador this Saturday, August 20 at Brewer Park.
- Bring your energy and kites to the Kite Festival at Wesley Clover Parks to admire kites flying in the sky on Saturday, August 20.
- Grab your sneakers and a hockey stick and have fun at Canada’s largest street hockey festival PLAYON! happening on Wellington Street in front of Parliament Hill this weekend from Saturday, August 20 to Sunday, August 21.
- Watch the grand finale of Les Grands Feux du Casino Lac-Leamy, an incredible fireworks display over downtown Ottawa and Gatineau and enjoy great seats at the Canadian Museum of History, this Saturday, August 20. This year marks the 25th anniversary edition of the event!
- Enjoy the fireworks aboard the Ottawa River Queen boat for the special Firework Dinner Cruise on the Ottawa River with Ottawa Boat Cruise.
- Have fun at the first-ever Ottawa Garden Festival and enjoy garden-themed activities and events taking place in various locations now until Sunday, August 21.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism