OPH Flu Vaccines Clinic
OPH flu vaccine clinics have expanded their eligibility to include children aged six months to five years and their household members. Please visit OttawaPublicHealth.ca/Flu for additional information or the following pages for information in Arabic, Chinese and Somali.
Weekly Snapshot of the COVID-19 Situation in Ottawa
In addition to updating our COVID-19 Dashboard twice weekly (Tuesday and Friday), Ottawa Public Health continues to release weekly animated presentations of key COVID-19 data and messages providing guidance to the public. These weekly snapshots are shared through OPH’s Facebook and Twitter channels and posted on our main COVID-19 website at OttawaPublicHealth.ca/coronavirus.
- Wastewater virus detection levels are high
- Per cent positivity is high
- New COVID-19 hospitalizations are moderate
- New confirmed outbreaks are moderate
- Our monitoring indicators show that COVID-19 levels in the community remain high.
- Please note: while the % positivity fell from very high last week to high this week, we cannot say for sure whether the current levels are accurate due to an ongoing data system changeover.
- In addition to COVID, our community is seeing an increase in respiratory virus activity and CHEO has flagged unprecedented volumes of infants & children w/respiratory symptoms from various viruses.
- We strongly recommend wearing a well-fitted mask in any indoor and/or crowded public setting. Wearing a mask protects not just you, but those around you, too.
- Staying home when sick & staying up to date with vaccinations are also very important. OttawaPublicHealth.ca/COVID19Vaccine
- ICYMI: OPH flu vaccine clinics have expanded their eligibility to include children aged 6 months to 5 years & their household members. Clinics will continue to serve those without OHIP who cannot access the vaccine through a pharmacy or healthcare provider. OttawaPublicHealth.ca/Flu