Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, November 24. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
For festive fun…
- Thursday, November 24 – Sunday, November 27 | Attend the Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Canadian Museum of History on Thursday and visit the Museum’s Christmas Market through Sunday for your holiday shopping, as more than 80 exhibitors offer delicious treats and unique handmade creations. FREE!
- Friday, November 25 | Explore the School of the Photographic Arts at the SPAO Centre Gallery through an exhibition reception, live music, and a holiday sale. FREE!
- Saturday, November 26 | Join in the holiday cheer, partake in activities for the whole family, and shop beautiful quality products from Indigenous entrepreneurs at the Indigenous Makers Holiday Market held at the ADAAWE Indigenous Business Hub in Centretown. FREE!
- Saturday, November 26 – Sunday, November 27 | Support local and shop from quality vendors at the Glebe Craft and Artisan fair held at the Glebe Community Centre. FREE!
- Sunday, November 27 | Visit the HoliYay Art Market with an array of outstanding goods and crafts perfect for your holiday shopping at the National Arts Centre. FREE!
- Monday, November 28 | Discover what Ottawa’s craft cocktail scene has to offer at Savanna Lounge for the Made with Love Ottawa Regional Finals.
For arts, culture, and a good time…
- Thursday, November 24 – Sunday, November 27 | Discover unique treasures at the Rock N’ Gem Show full of crystals, fossils, gemstones, and more at the EY Centre.
- Friday, November 25 | Celebrate Rashid Johnson’s artwork Capsule and Kwende Kefentse’s Platforms series during Timekode x Capsule Party at the National Gallery of Canada.
- From November 26 | Head on over to ALÉA Nightclub at Casino du Lac-Leamy and celebrate its re-opening.
Until Saturday, November 26 | Listen as passionate and professional storytellers tell engaging stories in person or virtually for kids of all ages in English and French at the Ottawa Children’s Storytelling Festival happening at various locations across the city. FREE!
- Sunday, November 27 | Enjoy live multicultural performances and fashion shows at the World Multicultural Festival held in the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne.
For hockey fans…
- Sunday, November 27 | Enjoy a game of junior hockey as the Ottawa 67’s play the Sudbury Wolves at TD Place Arena.
- Wednesday, November 30 | Support the Ottawa Senators as they compete against the New York Rangers at the Canadian Tire Centre.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism