Neighbourhood Health and Wellness Hubs
Our Neighbourhood Health & Wellness Hubs are made for the community, in the community. Residents can access health, mental health, community and social services at certain Hub locations, including immunizations needed for school, COVID-19 vaccination, mental health support, dental screening, Parenting in Ottawa drop-ins, as well as employment and social services. Residents can also still visit a hub to speak with a Public Health Nurse about their health questions and concerns. To learn more about the hubs, consult our Neighbourhood Health and Wellness Hub web page for all locations, hours of operation and the services you can access at each.
Going forward, our weekly snapshot will look a little different. We will be adding information about RSV and flu. These weekly snapshots, now titled “Respiratory Virus Snapshot”, will still be shared through OPH’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and posted on our main COVID-19 website at OttawaPublicHealth.ca/coronavirus.
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
RSV infects the lungs and airways. It causes colds and is the most common cause of bronchiolitis, an inflammation of the small airways in the lung, and pneumonia in young infants and toddlers. Symptoms include coughing, runny nose, and fever. To learn more about treatment and prevention, check out this information page: Health.ca/RSV
COVID-19 Booster Information
Vaccination is the most effective way you can protect yourself and your loved ones from the most serious effects of COVID-19. Read more about why and when you should get a booster dose: Ontario.ca/COVIDbooster
- Wastewater virus detection levels of COVID-19 are moderate
- Wastewater virus detection levels of RSV are moderate
- Wastewater virus detection levels of Influenza are very high
- COVID-19 per cent positivity is moderate
- New COVID-19 hospitalizations are moderate
- New confirmed COVID-19 outbreaks are low
- The levels of respiratory viruses circulating in our community remain high.
- It’s important to remember that the behaviours we all learned throughout the pandemic to limit the spread of COVID-19 (like wearing masks & staying home when sick) will also help limit the spread of viruses like the flu or RSV.
- Like masks & staying home when sick, every layer of protection matters. Getting your flu vaccine and staying up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines are also important for protecting you and those around you.
- You can find info about how to get your vaccines on our website: OttawaPublicHealth.ca