Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, December 8. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
For festive fun…
- Until December 23 (Fridays through Sundays, plus Dec. 20-23) | Don’t miss the outdoor Ottawa Christmas Market at Lansdowne: enjoy a festive atmosphere with plenty of holiday entertainment, local flavours, and shopping. FREE!
- Thursday, December 8 – Sunday, January 8| With the launch of Winter Lights Across Canada, you can follow the Pathway of Lights along Confederation Boulevard in downtown Ottawa and Gatineau every night, or enjoy the free 15-minute multimedia projection on Parliament Hill (Wednesday through Sunday). FREE!
- Thursday, December 8 – Sunday, December 18 | Bundle up and head over to Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm for a winter wonderland experience at Stanley’s Christmas Village.
- Thursday, December 8 |ReStays hotel on Queen Street is hosting an Enchanted Evening in their courtyard which stretches from Queen Street to Sparks Street. Enjoy a hot chocolate bar, cronuts, music, and film projections! FREE! (Advance registration required).
- Friday, December 9 | Check out the 613flea Holiday Market and discover more than 100 hand-picked vendors at the Aberdeen Pavilion with an inventory of items that are perfect for holiday gift-giving. FREE!
- Saturday, December 10 | Hop in a time machine and join us for A Very Vintage Christmas celebration at the Nepean Museum! Wear your coziest PJs around the tree for storytelling.
- Saturday, December 10 | Discover Canada’s capital as it basks in the glow of the holiday season with a Located at the Terry Fox Statue – 90 Wellington! FREE! (Advance registration required).
- Thursday, December 14 | Under the baton of conductor Patrick Dupré Quigley, the NAC Orchestra performs the holiday masterpiece, Handel’s Messiah.
- Available all winter long | Take a wintertime tour of Ottawa-Gatineau while staying warm and cozy on vintage heated buses with bilingual guides on the Cobblestone Ottawa Bus Tours.
For giving back…
- From Saturday, December 10 to Saturday December 31 (Saturdays and Sundays only) | Enjoy Flights with Santa over Ottawa this Christmas with up to 3 passengers! Don’t miss this ride of a lifetime with proceeds donated back to the Ottawa Food Bank.
- Until January 2 | Kick-start the holiday season with this magical fundraiser event! Experience in-person or take a virtual tour of the beautifully decorated Christmas trees in the Fairmont Château Laurier halls. Proceeds towards the Trees of Hope for CHEO event support the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
For arts, culture and a good time…
- Thursday, December 8 – Sunday, December 11 | Four full days of enlightening, educational, and exploratory activities! The Pibòn (Winter) Festival at Madahoki Farm has everything from a dreamcatcher workshop, legacy trail walk, Ojibwe Spirit Horses, Indigenous food, and more.
- Thursday, December 8 | Watch as artists transform blank canvases into beautiful pieces of art in three rounds of just 20 minutes at the Art Battle Ottawa event.
- Monday, December 12 | Featuring Canadian and international artists, this season’s Chamberfest Concert Series is sure to be one of the best to date.
- Saturday, December 10 | Pique invites you to an artistic event featuring innovative and artist-driven programming, live music performances, visual art installations and DJ sets.
For hockey fans…
- Monday, December 12; Thursday, December 14 | Cheer on the Ottawa Senators as they compete against the Anaheim Ducks and the Montreal Canadiens at the Canadian Tire Centre.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism