Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, January 12. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
To have fun while staying in shape…
- Friday, January 13 | Envirocentre’s Let’s Bike Ottawa program will give you all the tips you need to get around on your bike this winter at the Alliance Française Ottawa.
- Starting January 14 | Skating in a Maze invites you to discover the enchanting water canals of the Éco-Odyssée Nature Park from another angle: wearing skates.
- Ongoing |You can also enjoy ice skating on a refrigerated ice surface 7 days a week on the Rink of Dreams outside Ottawa City Hall or practice your skills at the Lansdowne Park Skating Court. FREE!
For culture and learning…
- Until January 15 | Discover the spiritual, ceremonial, and superstitious uses for money by visiting the Luck and Lore exhibition at the Bank of Canada Museum. FREE!
- Until January 23 | The Winged Tapestries exhibition at the Canadian Museum of Nature (closed for maintenance until Friday, January 13) puts on display 20 large-format photographs of moths of all colours and sizes, taken by Jim des Rivières.
- Ongoing | Justin Case: The Enemy Within: At the Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum, Ottawa-based artist Christos Pantieras explores the LGBT Purge and the resulting personal struggles of those in the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Ongoing | The Canadian War Museum presents Munnings War Artist, 1918, an exceptional exhibition that reveals Sir Alfred Munnings’s powerful legacy as one of England’s finest painters of horses and makes it possible to understand Canada’s First World War experience more clearly.
For hockey fans…
- Friday, January 13 and Sunday, January 15 | Enjoy a game of junior hockey as the Ottawa 67’s play the Hamilton Bulldogs and the Sarnia Sting at TD Place Arena.
- Wednesday, January 18 | Support the Ottawa Senators as they compete against the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Canadian Tire Centre.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism