Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, February 9. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
To carry on with the joys of winter…
- Until February 20 | Experience the best the Canadian winter has to offer at the 45th edition of Winterlude, taking place at various locations in Canada’s capital region. Most activities are FREE!
- Saturday, February 11 | Take part in fun winter sports and activities outside—and tour the majestic state rooms inside—at the Rideau Hall Winter Celebration on the grounds of the official residence and workplace of the Governor General. FREE!
- Saturday, February 11 | Dozens of snowmobilers raise money to help local families with a child on the autism spectrum at the Snowmobile Ride for Autism on the Prescott-Russell snow trails.
- Friday, February 10 and Saturday, February 11 | Enjoy musical, cultural, and theatrical performances from the Arctic during the Northern Lights 2023 event at the Shaw Centre.
For lovers of love…
- Tuesday, February 14 | Consider these fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Ottawa
- Tuesday, February 14 | Free horse-drawn carriage rides are offered on Valentine’s Day in the ByWard Market neighbourhood. FREE!
For sports fans…
- Thursday, February 9 and Friday, February 10 | Enjoy a game of junior hockey as the Ottawa 67’s play the Gatineau Olympiques and the Niagara IceDogs at TD Place Arena.
- Saturday, February 11 and Monday, February 13 | Support the Ottawa Senators as they compete against the Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Saturday, February 11 and Sunday, February 12 | Cheer on North America’s oldest cross-country skiing event, the Canadian Ski Marathon, in the beautiful Outaouais region.
For cultural fun…
- Thursday, February 9 to Sunday, February 12 | Put your dancing shoes on and enjoy Latin dance workshops, social dancing, and performances at the Capital Bachata Festival at various locations.
- Friday, February 10 and Saturday, February 11 | Shop for treasures at the Big Love Market in the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne. Entry is FREE!
- Saturday, February 11 | At the Shenkman Arts Centre in the Orléans neighbourhood, Fête Frissons offers performances, art making, workshops, storytelling, dancing, and outdoor fun in the snow. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!