Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, February 16. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
For winter enthusiasts…
- Until Monday, February 20 | The festivities of Winterlude extend through the Family Day weekend in various locations in Ottawa and Gatineau: from ice sculptures on Sparks Street to the Snowflake Kingdom ice slides in Jacques-Cartier Park and more. Most activities are FREE!
- Saturday, February 18 | Decorated hospital beds pushed by costumed fundraisers in the Accora Village Bed Race for Kiwanis: a must-see Winterlude event on York Street in the ByWard Market neighbourhood! FREE! to watch.
- Sunday, February 19 | Even if you’re not Scottish, you can join the Great Canadian Kilt Skate at the Lansdowne Skating Court! FREE!
- Sunday, February 19 | Lace up those running shoes to compete (or cheer on others) at the Embrace Winter Run, with marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K, 3K, and 1K options outside the Canadian War Museum.
For those who like to cheers…
- Friday, February 17 and Saturday, February 18 | Whisky Wonderland is Eastern Ontario’s newest and largest whisky event, welcoming more than 30 whisky vendors for you to discover at the Hammond Golf and Country Club.
- Friday, February 17 | Discover amazing vintages and immerse yourself in the realm of fine wines at the Ottawa Wine Auction taking place at the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre in support of the Music and Beyond Festival.
For sports fans…
- Friday, February 17 and Sunday, February 19 | Support the Ottawa Senators as they compete against the Chicago Blackhawks and the St. Louis Blues at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- From Friday, February 17 to Sunday, February 19 | The Gatineau Loppet is Canada’s largest international cross-country skiing event and welcomes 2,500 skiers from around the world in various competitions in Gatineau Park.
- Friday, February 17 and Monday, February 20 | Enjoy a game of junior hockey as the Ottawa 67’s play the Oshawa Generals and the North Bay Battalion at TD Place Arena.
For cultural fun…
- Saturday, February 18 | Cool Science Saturday at the Canada Science and Technology Museum showcases exciting and fascinating science experiments and activities!
- Saturday, February 18 | Celebrate Brazilian culture and heritage at Festa de Carnaval at Club SAW. Wear your best Carnaval costume for a chance to win prizes.
- Saturday, February 18 | At the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre, The King’s Singers present a cappella pieces from around the globe with Finding Harmony, as part of the Ottawa Chamberfest Concert Series.
- Saturday, February 18 and Sunday, February 19 | The National Arts Centre’s Big Bang Festival features concerts, sound machines, and wild curiosities all throughout the building. Many activities are FREE!
- Tuesday, February 21 | Celebrate Heritage Day at Ottawa City Hall with local historical societies, museums and more available to answer questions and plan your next visit! FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism