Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, March 2. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
For culture and entertainment…
- Until Friday, March 3 | There’s one last chance to see the 2SLGBTQ+-themed exhibition Justin Case: The Enemy Within at the Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum.
- Friday, March 3 to Sunday, March 5 | Ottawa Winterfest at the Horticulture Building at Lansdowne is a bilingual and multicultural festival celebrating amazing local musicians, thought-provoking speakers, fabulous authors, great publishers, and diverse artisans.
- Opening Friday, March 3 | Wolves! Shapeshifters in a Changing World at the Canadian Museum of Nature explores the evolution and adaptations of these charismatic animals through scientific research, specimens, cultural stories, video, and stunning images by renowned Ottawa photographer Michelle Valberg.
- Friday, March 3 | See amazing magic, mind-blowing mental feats, and incredible illusions featuring magician Michael Bourada at the WonderStruck: Ottawa Magic Experience at the OneUp Room.
- Until Saturday, March 18 | Immerse yourself in the world of Jane Austen’s Dashwood sisters at the Ottawa Little Theatre’s adaptation of Sense and Sensibility.
For those with a sweet tooth…
- Ongoing | Enjoy some Maple syrup fun in the Ottawa region with your family and friends.
- On Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 | For a second consecutive year, the Sugar Festival returns to Omega Park, featuring a live concert by the music group Le Diable à 5.
- Starting Saturday, March 4 | Take a wagon ride out to the Sugar Bush at the Log Farm to see how maple syrup is made.
For fans of the ice…
- Saturday, March 4 | Enjoy a game of junior hockey as the Ottawa 67’s play the Saginaw Spirit at TD Place Arena.
- Saturday, March 4 | Support the Ottawa Senators as they compete against the Columbus Blue Jackets at the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Saturday, March 4 and Sunday, March 5 | Ice skating on the Rideau Hall skating rink wraps up this weekend in its 150th season! FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
Photo credit: Ottawa Tourism