I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope that you had a chance to catch up with family and friends over the holidays.
Today, I would like to share with you my priorities for Kanata North for this coming year:
How We Move: We need to improve how we move as a community. This is a top priority for me to support the continued growth in Kanata North. My focus for this year includes:
- Campeau Road extension to Huntmar to serve the Arcadia community and to connect the Kanata West Business Park.
- Light sequencing improvements along March Road to ease congestion and get traffic moving quicker.
- Prioritizing key Kanata North roadways for investments, such as March Road, in the new City of Ottawa Transportation Master Plan that is being developed this year.
- Seeking enhancements in our transit service by working in close collaboration with our community and by establishing a volunteer committee focused on this issue.
- Seek funding commitments for LRT to Kanata from both the Provincial and Federal levels of Government.
How We Grow: Our community is expecting an influx of significant development in the coming decade. I will work on the KNL development, the next phase of Arcadia, and the March Road expansion lands over the coming year. As these developments move ahead, it is paramount for our community to ensure that we plan for the needed infrastructure investments to support this growth.
In addition to these three major projects, the proposed development of the Kanata Golf and Country Club is, of course, also a top priority. As previously stated, I oppose this development and will work hard to represent our community’s best interests.
How We Thrive: Our community is incredibly lucky to be home to Canada’s largest technology park with over 24,000 jobs in the park alone. Talent retention and attraction is key to maintain this growth. I am committed to continuing to support our business community. We have incredible opportunities for our next generation just at our doorstep. I am excited to be establishing a mentoring program for our children to be exposed to the many technology advancements right here in our community.
I expect that 2019 will be a busy and productive year for our team and our community. Please never hesitate to reach out. It is a pleasure to hear your ideas, and my door is always open to listen to your concerns. By working together, I have full confidence that our community will continue to thrive.
- January 13th at 1pm: Kanata Lakes Neighbourhood canvas. Volunteers needed to help canvas streets with information regarding the ClubLinks announcement. More details and to sign up at http://www.kanatanorth.ca.
- January 21st at 7pm: Councillors Community Meeting at the Mlacak Arena, Hall A and B