Here are Frequently Asked Questions our team has received. If you can’t find an answer to your question or need more details, please email cathy.curry@ottawa.ca.

Are any updates available in regards to the proposed golf course development?
Updates are provided as they become available. You can find the latest updates here: https://kanatanorth.ca/40-percent-agreement/


Where can I find March Road resurfacing updates?
Please visit the March Road Updates page for regular updates.


Where can I find Kanata North development updates and applications?
Please visit the Development page for details.


What can I expect for winter maintenance?
Please find a detailed list of what to expect for city winter maintenance here.

The city encourages residents to create Service Requests when there is an issue with winter maintenance. These requests can be made online or by calling 3-1-1.

Catch basins are a key component of the city storm collection system. When possible, please help clear the catch basins and fire hydrants in front of your house to assist with city operations.


How do I make a service request with the City of Ottawa for lawn maintenance?
To report an issue with lawn maintenance, please call 3-1-1 or create a service request online on the City of Ottawa website under “Park Maintenance”. Once the request is made, it will be sent directly to the department and you will be provided with a tracking number for follow up.


I am concerned about blasting on the KNL lands. What can I do?

The city itself does not have a blasting by-law, and there is no permit required from the city for the blasting to take place. This is regulated at Provincial level. However, blasting can only occur at times consistent with the noise by-law. If there is blasting outside of this time-frame, please contact Ottawa by-law by calling 3-1-1.

Developers that undertake blasting in the city are subject to city specifications. The specifications mainly speak to notification requirements, pre-blast survey requirements, and maximum vibration requirements. The Development Supervisor for this project is Jordan Pennell and can be reached at (613) 580-2424 ext 29030 or by email at Jordan.Pennell@ottawa.ca.

Should there be a report of damage in your home, the city contacts the blasting consultant who will schedule an inspection of your house and confirm vibration monitoring information to make sure blasting is within the specified limits.

If you have safety concerns, please reach out to the Ontario Ministry of Labour (1-877-202-0008).


Where can I get an update on the Mosquito Program?

The Kanata North Mosquito Program is unique to Kanata North. Updates are provided as they become available. You can find the latest updates here.


When should I be contacting Ottawa by-law?

Please call Ottawa by-law at 3-1-1 to report a possible violation related to these subject matters:

  • Business licensing
  • Discharge of firearms
  • Fence height
  • Noise
  • Park
  • Pool enclosures
  • Portable and temporary signs
  • Smoking – Public Place
  • Smoking – Workplace
  • Taxis
  • Weeds
  • Parking

Please visit the City of Ottawa website for details. You also have the option of reporting a possible by-law violation at serviceottawa.ca by creating a user account.